Rose Day- Reason Behind and Significance of Different Colored Roses
Most of us are familiar with the fact that the beginning of valentine week is with the tradition of exchanging roses with your love interest. In a way or two, it is a fantastic start to the festival of love, as Roses are mostly adored by girls and boys alike, barring those who are allergic to flowers and secondly different colors of roses symbolize different feelings towards the one you are gifting the rose
Check These Tips:
- Things To Be Taken Care Before Proposing a girl
- Click Here: Simple yet effective ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day
- 20 Home- made Greeting cards for Love
- How to Avoid Too Many Questions From a Girl on First date
- 15 Tips To Have Good Long Distance Relationship
- Reasons Why LDR Failed
- Rose day: Tips and Ideas For Lovers
- Long Distance Relationship Quotes
Let’s begin with a brief introduction to Rose day and then we will move on to the DO’s and DONTS while gifting roses to someone who may be a love interest, a friend or a dear one.
Though the mass popularity of Roses, especially red roses, begins with the Victorian era where people were fond of these flowers. But the history of rose as a love symbol dates back to the period of Cleopatra, around 30 BC. Around 13th or 14th century AD St. Valentine’s Day, love and flowers all became inter-related. But the real surge in the popularity of roses as a symbol of love came in 16th century after literary legends like Shakespeare and his contemporaries made roses as a symbol of love in various verses and idioms of their legendary creations.
One of the reasons why 14th February is celebrated as Lover’s day is the Play, Hamlet, by Shakespeare in which Ophelia bemoans Valentine’s day. And since then no love is complete without Roses and out of the 7 days dedicated to love, the first one became Rose day.
That told; now let’s acquaint ourselves about various colors of roses and whom to gift them.
Red roses symbolize love and romance. They are best suited to gift to your love interest.
Yellow roses stand for Friendship. You can give it to your best buddy and make him feel special this rose day. Yellow roses are also used as a ‘Get Well Soon’ message.
Pink roses are to show gratitude towards somebody. It can be best gifted to somebody you found as an inspirational figure, like your parents or teachers.
- Happy Valentine’ Day Quotes For Love
- Click Here For Valentines Day Wishes For Husband
- Valentines Day 2016 Dazzling cards
- Love Cards on Valentines Day For Boyfriend
- Lovely Love Messages Wishes on St. Valentine Day
White roses are symbols of Peace, purity and spirituality. These are also sometimes symbolic of true love and are given mostly to honor departed one.
You May Like To Check These Too:
- Gujarati Love Shayari on Valentines Day 2016
- Top Kissing Images of Couples
- Marathi Love Shayari for People in Love
- Best Propose Day Messages Images 2016
- Happy Rose Day Images For FB
Orange roses stand for the desire, passion and enthusiasm. These are to be carefully gifted as they are meant to be given to someone you are passionate about.
Lavender roses are meant to delight somebody. Feel yourself lucky if you are ever presented one.
Now that you know what different colors of roses symbolize and which one to gift whom do gift your near and dear ones a rose on Rose day and tell them the story behind Rose Day. This way you can be the reason of their fond memory of Rose day.
Happy Rose Day.
Post Credit: This post is written by Kuldeep Negi